Who we are
The HR Advisory Services team provides a professional, proactive support service to all types of school. The team has extensive experience of schools and we pride ourselves in offering practical solutions to complex and challenging employee issues, in addition to responding to sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
What we do;
We deliver the whole range of HR advisory and support services from recruitment and induction to redundancy and retirement. Our flexible approach includes both strategic and operational staffing matters. We will:
· Empower Schools to make the best HR decisions by providing a trusted and credible service.
· Provide professional support on complex casework covering disciplinary, capability, sickness absence and grievance issues. This includes child protection, attendance at Position of Trust and formal HR meetings, hearings, appeals and employment tribunals
· Develop and review of employment policies and procedures and provision of model policies fully consulted on or negotiated with trade unions
· Facilitate the Management of the employee relations framework including liaising with trades unions and support during disputes and industrial action
· Provide professional advice on pay and grading including Pay Policy, Conditions of Service, leadership pay and job evaluation.
· Provide support with workforce planning, school reorganisation including TUPE, redeployment, redundancy and Academy conversion
· Provide employment case law updates, formal and informal training for Head teachers and, Senior Leadership Teams.
· Advise on peormance management, including engaging in difficult conversations, tackling challenging behaviours, appraisal and formal capability
Read more about the service here